How do we gain inner peace with ourselves?
- Going through gruelling physical activity that will completely drain us mentally and emotionally?
- Doing things that we love... to shun our minds from everything else
- Seeking for constant company to talk about our problems in hoping that it'll make
us feel better
- Confiding in God
- What else??
Truly... it depends on how affected we are from the issue.. To date, I've done ALL of the above... and found that in some ways or another...they're all comforting.. and what differs them from another --> on whether they're able to give us momentary peace or inner self peace (which is much more sustainable)....
Till now, it still remains a mystery on how we turn to God for comfort at our most vulnerable times... ESPECIALLY when we're not religious (at least for me, that is!)
Lately, there're numerous people around me who were suffering from terminal illnesses.. in great honesty, I felt helpless... Hence, I've turned to God for help in hoping that He is able to bless them for recovery... It's also a wonder.. how I could even bring myself to pray for someone whom I thought I've grown to detest over these months... And in reality, I guess I couldn't bring myself to hate the person, after all... since it's truly never his/ her fault in hurting me... to seek for happiness...
Is this the inner peace that we're seeking for? I'm still searching for it myself...
I just hope that I'm able to cross the journey with courage; without leaving any regrets behind...
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You gain inner peace when you accept yourself for who you are, love yourself for all that you have become and am comfortable in your own skin. There is only peace when you love yourself enough to want to be alone with yourself!
ReplyDelete