Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Simple joys in life...

Guess... it's one of those nights where I sit down and enjoy listening to the gentle raindrops falling on my rooftop... tap... tap.. tap...

And here I am wondering... enjoying typing mindlessly in this blog.. Ahh...
little joy in life... doing things that matters to myself... As we grow older, we're constantly being reminded that time should not to be wasted.. hence, we must make the best out of every single minute we spend... because of that, we tend to hurry... rush... in everything we do in order to 'maximise' the time...(a classic case of kiasu-ism)....and ironically, sometimes, we don't even understand the urgency that we somehow get lost along the way... what's the point??

Long gone were the days where I get to enjoy taking my quiet morning walks to the campus..... where u still can see morning dew at the huge green field.... feeling the calmness of the morning... with a tinge of sun ray shining through the clouds...having little blooming flowers greeting you as you walk.... sigh... how I miss those times... and always wanted to relive those times...

Bringing smiles to people's faces... I used to do that often.... it somewhat feels good to know that I've made someone's day by doing little little things... such as placing a simple hello note on someone's desk.... having breakie with close friends before starting the day with work... or even as simple as sending a HAPPY SMILEY as a morning greeting... Oddly enough, I get motivated doing that...

I should relive those moments again... treasuring every simple joys in life... Chasing after our dream, yes, it's important... but it would always be meaningless if we don't have anyone to share the success with... hence, small gestures... with people ... matters... and it always begin with small things... as simple as a smile to the person in the mirror... or even to a complete stranger.... :)

Quote from a song... which was close to my heart....

*Smile, though ur heart is aching,
Smile, even though it's breaking,
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by...
If you smile through your fears and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow...
You'll find that life is still worthwhile...
If you just.... smile... :) *

1 comment:

  1. what more i can say....
    i know you missed me.
    sigh... sometimes i wonder why smile when your heart is aching.. smiling while you don't feel like it, won't it makes it more pain in your heart? i don't know.. i do.

    ReplyDelete